Monday 18th May, 2020
Dear Parent/ Carer,
I am writing to you to update you with some information on support services in these most unusual times of school closure. By now every pupil will have had some sort of contact with a member of staff. Some parents have opted to receive phone calls while others are keeping in touch via email. Whatever the method of communication you prefer, I would encourage you to have you son/ daughter keep up this contact with school. It will make the return easier when the time comes.
As ever, if you have a safeguarding concern or require any advice, please call the school, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Whisper (Reporting an Issue) button at the bottom of the school website. This can be anonymous if you wish.
Being cooped up presents issues for the mental health of all people and therefore the advice and guidance we can offer you has adapted accordingly. Updated support is below. Please follow the links to find out more:
Advice and guidance on Gaming Disorder
Safe in Essex: https://www.hdhs.org.uk/parents/safeguarding/
This is a flyer on services and webinars to do with a virtual weekly online programme. This is for any young people ages 13-19 across Essex that want to join in and can access this via Microsoft teams. This is an external service not run by HDHS.
Finally, as previously mentioned, if you are seeking support with any pastoral, welfare or safeguarding issues, the following routes still apply:
– Teentalk 01255 504800 email@example.com
– Family Operations Hub 03456037627
– Childline 0800 1111
– CHAT young person text service (health) 07520615734
– SHOUT (emotional well being service) text Shout to 85258 for call back
– Young minds https://youngminds.org.uk/
– Anna Freud Advice for parents and carers of anxious young people https://youtu.be/ME5IZn4-BAk
– Anna Freud self help resources for young people https://www.annafreud.org/on-my-mind/self-care
We hope you and your families are safe and well.
J. W. Loten